Wildlife Habitat Council
Manager, Content Creation (Writer/Editor) (Full Time)
Status: Newly Published (Niobis check Linkedin, they just published on February 19, 2022)
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000 a year
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000 a year
Publish on Niobis: (February 19 2022)
8737 Colesville Road, Suite 800, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, US
Job Status: Successfully verified (Proof? You can visit their Linkedin)
Type of Work: Full Time
Type: Negotiation Remote
Company/Agency Status: Average
– Social media followers more than 1000 and good interaction
– Have not uploaded data (for companies or representatives can directly contact 088223933603)
First Post? First published on Niobis
For 30 years, Wildlife Habitat Council (WHC) has been promoting and certifying ecological stewardship action on corporate lands through partnerships and education. Since only 10-15% of the world’s land surface is protected, private lands provide an essential opportunity for restoring and protecting biodiversity. As the only international conservation NGO focused exclusively on the private sector, WHC provides a framework for voluntary conservation action on a wide variety of corporate lands. WHC’s corporate members represent some of the leading national and multinational corporations seeking to support sustainable ecosystems and the communities that surround them. WHC programs can be found in 47 states and 28 countries.
WHC is recruiting for a Manager, Content Creation. This position resides in the Communications, Content and Corporate Relations (C3) department and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
The Manager, Content Creation serves as a writer and editor, tasked with researching, writing and editing external content including white papers, blogs, social media and web content, grants and client-related deliverables such as reports, guides and brochures. This position also supports the WHC Webinar Series with content creation and technical support. Depending on the candidate’s strengths, the Manager, Content Creation may also serve as a webinar host, appearing on camera to introduce and exit the program and to manage the question and answer session.
Under the direction of the CMO and department leaders, the person in this position will be instrumental in the delivery of high quality work product that maintains the organization’s excellent reputation with members and partners. The Manager, Content Creation will be able to seamlessly work on multiple projects at a time, shifting from straightforward technical writing to creative storytelling.
The position can be fully remote or be based in WHC’s Bethesda, MD office.
• Writer/editor for WHC external materials including white papers, blogs, webinars, presentations, grants, reports, brochures and guides.
• Create and curate content that attracts and converts target audiences, including press releases, blogs, web content, social media and email marketing.
• Develop projects using research and other resources to inform content.
• Build on rough drafts and edit colleagues’ and others’ work to create a finished and polished product.
• Maintain knowledge of business trends in key member industries, as well as in the areas of sustainability, biodiversity, conservation and STEM and environmental education.
• Serve as a member of a 3-person social media team.
• Act as brand champion, ensuring integrity of the brand, tone and voice across all publications, events and departments.
• 3-6 years of work experience in a corporate or non-profit environment
• Excellent and proven writing and editing skills
• Knowledge of business and/or conservation concepts
• Thorough research skills with the ability to absorb new subject matter around business and conservation
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; possession of strong time management skills
• Attention to detail and respect for deadlines is part of your work ethic
• A team player with a solutions-oriented mindset to problem-solving
• Ability to work independently and virtually/remotely
• Ability to engage with and adapt to different audiences easily, including C-Suite level individuals
• An understanding and appreciation of aesthetics as they relate to content and branding
• Social media experience in a professional setting a plus
• Experience in Adobe Creative applications a plus
• Minimum Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience. Non-traditional educational paths welcomed.
WHC has a strong commitment to work-life balance and backs up this commitment with a generous benefits package. Full-time employees starting with the organization accrue up to 20 days of vacation and 10 days of sick leave on an annual basis. All employees can take advantage of paid time off, including 2 volunteer days, 2 floating holidays, and 10 observed holidays per year. WHC offers health, vision and dental insurance, long term and short-term disability, life and AD&D insurance at little to no cost to the employee. WHC also contributes to employee’s 401K after one year of service, with no employee-match needed.
The Wildlife Habitat Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an open, true, driven and bold team and we don’t just believe that every act of conservation matters,® we also believe that every person matters. We value diverse perspectives and encourage underrepresented applicants to apply. We welcome applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, social background, religion, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetics, and any other federal, state, or local protected class.
“Sorry the job is closed”
“If publishers want to extend they can contact Niobis Admin 088223933603 (Free).”
Noted: Include in your email or application description if you got this vacancy information from Niobis.com, for confirmation.
Don’t forget to follow the rules of Niobis, sis and for those who have received it, please share your testimony.