Design Director (Full Time)
Status: Newly Published (Niobis got information from web career, published since May 9, 2022)
Publish on Niobis: (May 9, 2022)
San Diego, CA
Job Status: Successfully verified (Proof? You can check their web career)
Type of Work: Full Time
Type: Remote in US
Company/Agency Status: Average
– Social media followers more than 1000 and good interaction
– Have not uploaded data (for companies or representatives can directly contact 088223933603)
First Post? First published on Niobis
At Illumina, our goal is to apply innovative technologies and revolutionary assays to the analysis of genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago. These studies will help make the realization of personalized medicine possible. With such rapid advances in technology taking place, it is mission critical to have solutions that are not only innovative, but flexible, scalable, and complete with industry-leading support and service. As a global company that places high value on collaborative interactions, rapid delivery of solutions, and prioritizing the needs of its customers, we strive to meet this challenge. Illumina’s innovative, array-based solutions for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis serve as tools for disease research, drug development, and the development of molecular tests in the clinic.
We are looking for a highly creative and strategically-minded Design Director—a leader-doer—to help us evolve while staying true to our brand and creative spirit. We are seeking someone who loves design, who can consistently inspire the team to “dream one size bigger,” and who can deliver exceptional design work. A person whose own portfolio sets an extremely high bar, and who acts as an example that designers want to follow. A leader with deep empathy who wants to listen to and learn from their team. Someone who’s constantly pushing the boundaries of creativity, excited by cross-functional collaboration, and enjoys being an ambassador of our brand and design system.
Initially, your responsibility will be to continue on improvements to our design systems, brand guidelines, product launches, photo and video and facilitating the growth of that team. Ultimately, as a design leader in the group you will contribute to guidance and leadership across the team and practice. You’ll lead a hardworking team to focus on building a best in class design practice built on the foundation of reusable frameworks and bring utility to our design to support global teams and the broader organization.
- Oversee design production, Photography and Video assets for all owned and paid channels. Continue to elevate and grow capabilities. Establish and manage intake processes and scopes, as well as prioritizes requests in accordance with resource capacity, capabilities, timeline, and budget.
- To assess and manage production needs by optimizing the balance between the use of in-house creative studio resources and external creative agencies/digital artists for the production of the highest-level creative assets
- Work with leadership to develop the strategy and roadmap of transformation initiatives to rollout the brand visual identity work streams (design system integration, brand guidelines, templates to support global regions etc).
- Assess and improve flows of communication from working teams up to leadership, and outward to cross-functional partners, the executive team, and the company including team health reporting and support.
- Help grow and champion creative design adoption and standards that ensure brand consistency and quality across teams and practice areas.
- Build strategic partnerships and relationships across the Global Creative Services team organization overall and beyond.
- Collaborate with HRBP and recruiting partners to refine recruiting pipelines/process and attract world-class design talent.
- Provide clarity when it’s needed, help your ICs work more effectively and encourage them to implement the most desirable design solution.
- Represent the team, and its design strategies, to stakeholders across the org, including experience engaging with executives up to the CEO.
- Drive the business value of design by measuring and reporting design-specific outcomes for the full program.
- Drive the development and communication of design guidelines and patterns, with focus on increasing efficiencies in the design process and providing customers with a consistent and intuitive experience.
- Create and evangelize adoption of new design systems, libraries, templates, user interface patterns, style guides, methods or processes for a variety of users across our platforms.
- 15 years of experience working on the creative side of marketing with deep experience in developing concepts, graphic design, digital design, photography, video with knowledge of online user experience and user interface (UX/UI) design concepts, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training. Experience at well-known brands and/or medium-to-large advertising agencies with knowledge of the layers and creative development process behind creative marketing and how to navigate complex organizations.
- Strong understanding of brand-building and brand creative.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, ideate, meet deadlines, make decisions, and change course of action quickly.
- Deep experience in design patterns and templates, design thinking, product design, technology enterprise project or program management, service design or design strategy
- Experience partnering with Product and cross-functional teams to launch cohesive experiences across multiple platforms
- Technical understanding of capabilities and limitations for multiple platforms such as web, event, digital asset production etc.
- Working with partner teams such as industrial design, product and segment marketing, regional marketing etc.
- Understanding of change management practices for scaling teams
- Strategic acumen and the foresight to anticipate complex, cross functional problems
- Ability to manage cross functional teams with many stakeholders within design and outside, across business units.
Noted: Include in your email or application description if you got this vacancy information from Niobis.com, for confirmation.
Don’t forget to follow the rules of Niobis, sis and for those who have received it, please share your testimony.