Writer [Contract] (Retro Studios)
Status: Newly Published (Niobis check thier Linkedin account, they just published on April 15, 2022)
Publish on Niobis: (April 15, 2022)
Job Status: Successfully verified (Proof? You can check their Linkedin account)
Type of Work: Unknown
Type: Remote in US
Company/Agency Status: Average
– Social media followers more than 1000 and good interaction
– Have not uploaded data (for companies or representatives can directly contact 088223933603)
First Post? First published on Niobis
Nintendo’s mission is to put smiles on the faces of everyone we touch. We do so by creating new surprises for people across the world to enjoy together. We’ve forged our own path since 1889, when we began making hanafuda playing cards in Kyoto, Japan. Today, we’re fortunate to be able to share our characters, ideas and worlds through the medium of video games and the entertainment industry.
Nintendo of America, established in 1980 and based in Redmond, Washington, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co., Ltd. We are committed to delivering best-in-class products and services to our customers and to investing in the well-being of our employees as part of the global Nintendo family.
For more information about Nintendo please visit www.nintendo.com.
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo’s cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin’s sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
• This is a CONTRACT position
Description Of Duties
• Work with the narrative team to quickly create dialog, cinematic scripts, and foundational story documents
• Help write in-game backstory, world building, general lore, and character breakdowns
• Help to maintain narrative foundations established by the narrative team
• Perform editing and tracking of in-game dialog, narrative bibles, and cinematics
• Work with the design team to craft memorable gameplay-centric story moments
• Work with various teams to ensure that the game narrative is implemented as intended
• Assist cinematic and design teams with identifying suitable moments for cutscenes
• Manage and track narrative documents
• Help to educate all teams on the game narrative and storytelling practices
• This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
Summary Of Requirements
- Must have writing portfolio that shows an understanding of game-narrative development, cinematic screenplay writing, dialog writing, and world building
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and creativity in developing story documents under the guidance of design and cinematic leadership
- Self-starter with proactive attitude to improve own qualifications
- Passion for sharing insights and ability to coach less experienced people
- Excellent communication, organizational, personal, and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of game narrative and design.
- Able to share clear understanding of character development.
- Able to problem solve issues that can occur during the various stages of story development
- Experience with already established IP is a plus
- Prior cinematics experience is a plus
Proficient in Final Draft, Excel, and Word
- Undergraduate degree in art related subject; or completion of an intensive art training program; or equivalent independent study and experience.
Retro Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
- This is a CONTRACT position
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths..
Noted: Include in your email or application description if you got this vacancy information from Niobis.com, for confirmation.
Don’t forget to follow the rules of Niobis, sis and for those who have received it, please share your testimony.