United States Institute of Peace
Writer / Editor (Full Time)
Status: Newly Published (Niobis check web career, they just published on April 11, 2022)
Salary: Grade 11 – $74,000 – $77,000
Salary: Grade 11 – $74,000 – $77,000
Publish on Niobis: (April 12, 2022)
2301 Constitution Ave NW, Washington, DC 20037, US
Job Status: Successfully verified (Proof? You can check their web career)
Type of Work: Full Time
Type: Remote in US
Company/Agency Status: Average
– Social media followers more than 1000 and good interaction
– Have not uploaded data (for companies or representatives can directly contact 088223933603)
First Post? First published on Niobis
The United States Institute of Peace is a national, nonpartisan, independent institute, founded by Congress and dedicated to the proposition that a world without violent conflict is possible, practical and essential for U.S. and global security. In conflict zones abroad, the Institute works with local partners to prevent, mitigate, and resolve violent conflict. To reduce future crises and the need for costly interventions, USIP works with governments and civil societies to build local capacities to manage conflict peacefully. The Institute pursues its mission by linking research, policy, training, analysis and direct action to support those who are working to build a more peaceful, inclusive world.
Who We Are
Peace is our commitment. The United States Institute of Peace represents the American people’s shared values and commitment to peace worldwide. We know that Peace is Security – it advances both U.S. and international security by preventing, managing, and mitigating violent conflict.
We are an independent, non-partisan institution and are actively engaged with peacebuilding efforts worldwide. Together we tackle the most challenging problems and hold fast to the possibility of a more peaceful world. To learn more about USIP programs and job openings, go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers.
If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front-row seat on the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
The Writer/Editor works as part of the editorial team to assist in driving the Institute’s integrated online editorial and audience strategy. Additionally, oversees development issues to write, edit and proofread a range of materials designed to present the Institute’s unique work to a broad audience on multiple platforms. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Managing Editor of Public Affairs and Communications.
TARGET SALARY RANGE
Grade 11 – $74,000 – $77,000
The Institute uses the General Schedule salary tables for administering compensation. Offers are determined based upon candidate qualifications, related experience, internal equity, and the amount budgeted for the position.
• In coordination with the managing editor and deputy director, coordinates the production and editorial workflow for fact sheets, one-pagers, event invitations, press releases, and other institutional collateral.
• Writes and edits material, such as event coverage, In Memoria, and other pieces for USIP.org as assigned.
• Edits USIP.org content, including analysis and commentary pieces, Q&As, blogs, and other article formats.
• Coordinates with managing editor and deputy director to maintain a news and events calendar, determine editorial priorities and organize workflow, and work with the Team on upcoming news opportunities and multimedia editorial packages on the Institute’s website to grow the web audience.
• Assists the managing editor in tracking the production of USIP.org content and prepares editorial and production reports for USIP programs and leadership.
• Helps to ensure quality, consistency, and timeliness of all content for all audiences: internal, the general public, and critical stakeholders including foreign policy elites and policymakers.
• Gathers information to be used in writing assignments on major projects and those that involve several offices, works across teams and assists with consolidating working drafts and preparing a unified product.
• Evaluates how available information can best be used to meet Institute strategies and objectives, helps identify opportunities for developing new information, and recommends strategies for presenting the information.
• Ensure consistency of grammar mechanics and expression, formatting, logical organization and development, and general readability. Performs other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor’s degree with five (5) years of experience in journalism, communications, English, political science, international relations, or relevant field or equivalent experience is required; a Master’s degree with three (3) years of experience is preferred.
• At least 3-5 years of specialized experience writing and editing communications for a variety of documents and publications, such as newsletters, articles, , web content; reviewing written documents for accuracy and ensuring they meet current organizational style, policies, and practices.
• A strong understanding of U.S. foreign policy and conflict resolution.
• Sound judgment in problem-solving.
• Mastery of the Associated Press Style Guide.
• Superb interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to organize, set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects at once.
• An enthusiasm for working effectively with other staff members in varying roles and in different departments.
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
As with many organizations, USIP follows specific guidelines related to COVID vaccinations. These guidelines align with the latest findings from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). The overall intent is to ensure the safest possible workplace for USIP employees and contractors. In accordance with the guidelines, all USIP employees and contractors with building access are required to be fully vaccinated regardless of telework or remote status.
Upon acceptance of the position, you are required to submit proof of vaccination along with your signed offer letter to HR. If you require an exemption, either medical or religious, we will provide you with the exemption form for you to complete prior to your start date.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
1. Completed employment application including titles, dates of hire and salary requirements.
2. Cover letter
For questions about this position please email [email protected]. Do not send resumes or attachments to this email address.
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
USIP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of USIP to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Noted: Include in your email or application description if you got this vacancy information from Niobis.com, for confirmation.
Don’t forget to follow the rules of Niobis, sis and for those who have received it, please share your testimony.