Foundation for California Community Colleges
Digital Graphic Designer (Full Time)
Status: Newly Published (Niobis check web career, they just published on March 26, 2022)
Publish on Niobis: (April 3, 2022)
1102 Q Street, Suite 4800, Sacramento, CA 95811, US
Job Status: Successfully verified (Proof? You can check their web career)
Type of Work: Full Time
Type: Remote in US
Company/Agency Status: Average
– Social media followers more than 1000 and good interaction
– Have not uploaded data (for companies or representatives can directly contact 088223933603)
First Post? First published on Niobis
As the official foundation for the California Community Colleges Board of Governors and System Office, the Foundation develops programs and services that save millions of dollars for colleges and students, promotes excellence in education, and provides valuable learning opportunities for students throughout the state. We also support the system through special initiatives, statewide awards, and direct donations to the colleges and the Network of California Community College Foundations.
Our services and areas of expertise include program and grant management, career training programs, systemwide purchasing contracts, information technology solutions, financial services, and resource development. Our programs reach all 115 California Community Colleges and 73 districts, and several of these programs are expanding nationwide.
Since its inception in 1998, our organization has grown to be one of the largest operating foundations in higher education, with over 100 full-time employees and annual revenues of over $30 million. Today, the Foundation has the capacity and expertise to respond quickly to the needs of our colleges and communities. We have secured over $150 million in grants, contracts, and gifts, and provided over $100 million in direct grants, support, and cost savings to colleges. As we enter our second decade as an organization, we remain committed to making California’s Community Colleges the best they can be. We are anticipating the new challenges they may face, imagining the aspirations of the next generation of students, and envisioning the solutions that will change our world for the better.
The Digital Graphic Designer is a key member of the Foundation’s graphic design team, focused primarily on digital content and visuals. This individual will play a key role in storytelling through design, specifically for web, social media, and virtual presentations, helping to raise the profile of the Foundation as a leading nonprofit which exists to help Californians better their lives through economic and social mobility.
This position is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Associate Director of Communications Services, though works closely with content team members to strategically combine copy and design.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans, designs, develops, and creates digital content and creative pieces.
• Translates complex and technical information and subject matter in a way that can be easily consumed on a digital platform by specified target audiences.
• Participates in brainstorming, planning, and strategy sessions with project leads and programs to determine the best way to effectively communicate or market to a specified audience, and creates visual content to help support these campaigns
• Provides design input and strategic thinking to influence the development of plans to communicate clients’ needs and objectives.
• Has strong presentation skills and is responsible for concisely communicating strategy, design concepts, and creative approaches to internal and external partners, or “clients”; this role builds and maintains strong relationships with Foundation colleagues at all levels, and provides excellent customer service.
• Stays current with industry trends, developments, and tools.
• Ensures the Foundation’s brand and standards are upheld through all materials, including those created for both internal and external stakeholders, and that all work is strategic, effective, and consistent; this requires providing clear feedback to design and Communications team members, in addition to advising on program efforts.
• Builds and cultivates relationships internally and externally where appropriate, acts as organizational brand ambassador as needed and provides business development support and input where there is opportunity.
• Cultivates and upholds a culture of Shared Leadership and promotes organizational values (Senior Specialist and above) OR emulates and participates in a culture of shared leadership and promotes organizational values (Specialist and below).
• Contributes to team effort by completing other projects and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Proven experience as a Digital Graphic Designer, or in a similar role, with a strong attention to detail and knowledge of best practices in the visual communications field.
• Has ability to work independently, and can manage projects and prioritize deadlines.
• Excellent understanding of and past experience using Adobe Creative Cloud applications; experience with XD, Premiere Pro, and After Effects is a plus.
• Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, PowerPoint, and in online meeting collaboration tools, like Zoom and Google Docs.
• Experience designing in compliance with ADA/accessibility guidelines in both print and digital formats is a plus.
• Experience with video editing is a plus.
• Has familiarity with online content management systems such as WordPress.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, from C-suite professionals to inexperienced youth.
Attributes for Success
• A self-starter and quick learner with a bias for action who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
• A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
• Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
• A sense of urgency and ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College system and the Foundation’s mission.
• Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Level of Supervision
• This role does not supervise.
• Proven ability to manage by influence and ability to build and maintain credibility.
• Receives assignments from Associate Director and Communications department leadership. Provided moderate instruction and a general direction as to professional goals and project involvement, as well as achievement of those goals. Evaluation is based on ability to perform essential job duties and responsibilities, as well as successful execution of tasks/projects.
Education and Experience
• Relevant BA/BS, equivalent work experience, or a combination of both.
• Minimum of three (3) + years of experience in graphic design or a related role.
• Any experience in an education or non-profit environment preferred
• Familiarity with the Community College system a plus.
Working Hours, Location, and Travel
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, with additional hours as needed to address the organization’s needs. This is a California-based position, with the flexibility to work remotely (in California) or in person at our Sacramento office. This position may require moderate travel to attend meetings, conferences, and perform other essential functions of the job.
The Foundation may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions/physical requirements. The following physical requirements are essential to the performance of this position:
• Must be able to remain in stationary position up to 4 hours at a time and 8 hours total in a day.
• Ability to constantly work at a computer workstation for up to five consecutive days.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with internal office staff and/or external third parties who have inquiries about their job tasks. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• Ability to frequently move and/or remain in a stationary position without breaks during meetings.
• Ability to constantly operate a computer.
• Ability to perform repetitive movements (e.g. typing and filing) and operate and use common office equipment (e.g. copy machine, printer, telephone).
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities (EEO) are available to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, genetic characteristics, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, political affiliation, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, The Foundation for California Community Colleges complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
As the official nonprofit auxiliary to the Chancellor’s Office, we aim to ensure our team reflects the diversity of the California Community Colleges and the 2.1 million students, campuses, and communities it serves. Individuals are hired for their deep understanding of each population’s unique needs, and will join a collaborative environment where each team member plays an important role in helping Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families.
Noted: Include in your email or application description if you got this vacancy information from Niobis.com, for confirmation.
Don’t forget to follow the rules of Niobis, sis and for those who have received it, please share your testimony.