Vox Media, LLC.
Staff Writer, The Dodo (Full Time)
Status: Newly Published (Niobis check schema google job (Page source), they just published on March 22, 2022)
Publish on Niobis: (March 30, 2022)
Washington, DC 20036, US
Job Status: Successfully verified (Proof? You can check their schema google job (Page source))
Type of Work: Full Time
Type: Remote in US
Company/Agency Status: Average
– Social media followers more than 1000 and good interaction (Linkedin)
– Have not uploaded data (for companies or representatives can directly contact 088223933603)
First Post? First published on Niobis
Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands and the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry — and getting the future of media right.
Our portfolio features the most relevant and respected editorial properties across the biggest consumer categories, including: Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network is one of the largest collections of popular podcasts spanning technology, news, pop culture, futurism, everything women are talking about, and more. And Vox Media Studios is the award-winning nonfiction production and distribution studio for multiple TV and streaming partners.
The Dodo is looking for a creative, versatile, highly skilled writer to join its written editorial team. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll own pitching, researching and writing stories for everyone who loves animals. These stories may include everything from heartwarming adoption and rescue stories, to clickworthy pet owner stories, to animal-related identity/entertainment pieces, to pet parent interest pieces like pet budget diaries.
WHO WE ARE
The Dodo is the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S., and the most engaged media brand globally across all content genres. We tell fun, entertaining, emotional stories about animals that make people laugh, cry happy tears, feel ALL the feels, and fall in love with animals.
The Dodo is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for someone with style and a relatable sense of humor, and superb writing and grammar skills. You should have a history of writing for a similar site and bringing in traffic. A strong background in SEO is a huge plus.
The successful candidate will be eager and adaptable, and able to channel the Dodo brand into a fun, relatable, self-aware and identifiable written voice (never cheesy). You’ll also be an analytical thinker who will ground your work in performance metrics and best practices, and always be thinking about how to optimize for traffic growth.
You are intensely reliable and accountable; you can work quickly and independently but welcome feedback from a collaborative team environment; you are positive and can-do even under pressure; and you are motivated by change and success; and you always want to stay two steps ahead of industry and brand best practices.
You must love animals to succeed in this role — and applicants who have pets, past or present, are a huge plus (especially cats or dogs)!
What You’ll Do:
• Write entertaining, heartwarming, highly shareable stories for animal lovers that reinforce The Dodo as the ultimate destination for people who love pets
• Find and pitch the best animal stories from around the world
• Own all aspects of article production — including pitching, interviewing sources, researching, writing and packaging for various social platforms.
• Ensure your pieces drive significant site traffic through social distribution and SEO, via constant performance optimization and adhering to best practices
• Ensure every piece of content is heavily SEO optimized, and supports the team’s broader SEO strategy
Success Will Look Like:
• Helping us hit (and exceed) our goals for affiliate revenue, SEO traffic and other performance metrics
• Writing articles that need minimal edits and embody the fun, relatable voice and brand standards that have made The Dodo a trusted authority in the pet space
• Obsessing over analytics and using them to shape how you approach future articles
• Being efficient, adaptable, independent and accountable — and being motivated by success!
• 2+ years experience writing quality content for a similar company — with an emphasis on traffic growth via SEO and/or social channels, and quote-based reporting
• Outstanding writing and grammar skills
• A creative voice that can adapt itself to a variety of platforms and content types, while staying true to the Dodo brand
• An ability to marry creative skills with a deep understanding of business and analytics goals
• Being a reliable and independent self-starter, but with a positive and team-friendly attitude
• A love of animals is a must, and a familiarity with the Dodo brand is a plus.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is remote. We’re dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team ([email protected]).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
Noted: Include in your email or application description if you got this vacancy information from Niobis.com, for confirmation.
Don’t forget to follow the rules of Niobis, sis and for those who have received it, please share your testimony.