Writer (Full Time)
Status: Newly Published (Niobis check schema google job, they just published on March 21, 2022)
Salary: Salary floor $55,000
Salary: Salary floor $55,000
Publish on Niobis: (March 23, 2022)
Job Status: Successfully verified (Proof? You can check their schema google job (page source))
Type of Work: Full Time
Type: Remote in US
Company/Agency Status: Average
– Social media followers more than 1000 and good interaction
– Have not uploaded data (for companies or representatives can directly contact 088223933603)
First Post? First published on Niobis
Welcoming America is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that leads a movement of inclusive communities becoming more prosperous by ensuring everyone belongs.
We believe that all people, including immigrants, are valued contributors and vital to the success of our communities and shared future.
Through the Welcoming Network, we work to help communities develop the roadmap they need to create welcoming policies and share new approaches to inclusion to create an environment where everyone can truly thrive
The writer/editor plays a critical role on Welcoming America’s external affairs team by driving the content engine for our digital platforms and helping us achieve communications and organizational goals.
On any given day, the writer/editor will work with staff across the organization on producing a variety of content (ie. reports, toolkits, white papers, blogs, social media, email campaigns, etc.), conducting interviews with members (virtually and occasionally through site visits), editing publications, managing an editorial calendar, and working with freelance designers and writers. A knack for storytelling, strong eye for detail, and orientation for processes are essential traits to succeed in this role.
About Welcoming America
Welcoming America is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that leads a movement of inclusive communities becoming more prosperous by ensuring everyone belongs. We believe that all people, including immigrants, are valued contributors and vital to the success of our communities and shared future.
Writing and editing (50%)
• Write, review, and edit communications materials (including, but not limited to: long and short form blogs, annual reports, whitepapers, toolkits) to ensure coherence, consistency, and brand alignment of Welcoming America’s stories and key messages
• Manage an editorial calendar
• Create and foster a pipeline of freelance content creators
• Conduct interviews and research to gather content
Content creation and publication management (40%)
• Assist with identifying and implementing strategies for content creation and management
• Ensure publications follow best practice in layout design, content hierarchy, image selections, citations, etc.
• Assist non-communications staff with determining appropriate content platforms and collaborate on content direction and production timelines
• Occasionally review project budgets, scopes of work, and contracts for freelancers
• Support social media and other administrative tasks for Communications Team, including checking and responding to infobox emails and direct messages
• Be proactive in understanding issues related to immigration, community building, and DEIB principles
• Actively participate in professional development opportunities
• Strong and clear writing skills, including excellent editing and proofreading skills
• Experience conducting interviews and research for long and short form content
• Strong project management skills and experience with using project management tools
• Eye for compelling content and ability to determine appropriate content formats
• Understanding of publication and graphic design best practices
• Ability to work on a team and guide others in writing and editing best practices
Welcoming America is a small but dynamic team that values collaboration, empathy, and a willingness to pitch in and find solutions. Candidates who have these attributes, as well as those listed below, are desired:
• Proactive, organized, deadline and detail-oriented, with flexibility and adaptability to evolving circumstances
• A genuine believer in doing things together to produce better results
• Ability to seek or extract information to fill information gaps
• Motivated to learn new tools and strategies, and strengthen skills through professional development
• Comfortable with remote work and occasional work travel
• Candidates must have a background in communications, journalism, liberal arts, or related fields that involve a heavy writing component.
• 3-4 years in a consistent communications-related role
• Experience working on a remote team
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a brief writing test that includes an editing component, as well as a few short response questions on writing processes.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for any candidate planning to work out of our Decatur, Georgia headquarters and/or traveling on behalf of Welcoming America.
Welcoming America operates in a hybrid work environment in which Atlanta-based staff are able to work on site in our offices or remotely as the position allows. To work remotely, you must have access to a reliable internet connection. A laptop will be provided.
Atlanta-based candidates preferred, but may be based anywhere in the U.S. Eastern Time or Central Time zones
Occasional travel may be required and dependent on pandemic conditions.
• Health, dental, and vision insurance covered 100%
• 401(k) retirement plan options
• 15 days paid vacation time annually
• 13 sick days paid annually
• 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Paid time off for civic duties and volunteering
• Flexible remote work policy
• Supplemental work-from-home benefit
Apply: Submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to [email protected] with the subject line “Writer/Editor Application”
Original Post: https://welcomingamerica.betterteam.com/writer
Noted: Include in your email or application description if you got this vacancy information from Niobis.com, for confirmation.
Don’t forget to follow the rules of Niobis, sis and for those who have received it, please share your testimony.