Comics Editor (Full Time/Part Time)
Status: Newly Published (Niobis check schema google job, they just published on March 17, 2022)
Publish on Niobis: (March 18, 2022)
Address: Home Office
7405 rte Transcanadienne, Bureau 100, Saint-Laurent, QC H4T 1Z2, CA
Job Status: Successfully verified (Proof? You can check schema google job)
Type of Work: Unknown
Type: Fully Remote
Company/Agency Status: Average
– Social media followers more than 1000 and good interaction
– Have not uploaded data (for companies or representatives can directly contact 088223933603)
First Post? First published on Niobis
Screen Rant had a humble start back in 2003 and, in the years since, has grown into one of the largest and most-respected entertainment news sources in the world – serving over 105 million readers in 2015 alone. We don’t just report news, we editorialize it with unique insight that engages everyone from casual entertainment lovers to hardcore movie buffs. With television, film, and video game news, reviews, and a YouTube channel with over 2 million subscribers, Screen Rant is the ultimate geek entertainment destination.
Supported by Valnet Inc., the most influential media network in online entertainment, Screen Rant has gone global. SR editors report from the pop culture events our readers (new and returning) love most. Passionate cinephiles, TV addicts, gamers, and comic book readers, the Screen Rant team comes from diverse backgrounds in film studies, creating writing, video production, and business management brought together by a passion for all things entertainment and a goal of providing the best, as well as most engaging, content possible for visitors to our site.
This is a paid freelance, remote position – that means you can work from anywhere, on your own schedule.
Screen Rant is the #1 entertainment website on the web and publishes up-to-the-minute news on blockbuster movies, TV, video games, and comic books. Our editorial team is looking for an experienced editor to oversee Comics under the leadership of the Comics Lead Editor. The selected candidate will have tremendous career growth opportunity within the organization. Please note that this role does not involve video editing or script editing.
• Edit and publish a minimum of 10 posts daily on the Comics team
- Combination of editing/writing (mostly editing)
• Participate in writer development and general writer management
- Oversee and facilitate writer communication in Slack/Asana
- Send feedback to writers according to Screen Rant’s standards (as per our writing guides)
- Work with new writers to develop their skills and help them adapt to Screen Rant’s standards
- Work with existing writers to develop those suitable for internal development (staff writing, self-publishing, editing)
• Idea generation
- Develop content plans
- Target evergreen topics
• Weekly meetings
- Come prepared with notes and analyses
• Additional tasks
- Approve sniping SEO/angles
- Identify evergreen articles to update
• Relevant experience in senior writing and editing roles (digital publications, entertainment content)
• Broad working knowledge of Comics in general, especially major franchises
• Quick learner with strong sense of urgency
• Excellent command of the English language
• Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favorable consideration:
• Image editing
• Analytics (GA)
• Freelance writer management
• Proven track record of growing a team, expanding coverage, and driving traffic
What Screen Rant has to offer:
• Perks atypical of a freelance role (guaranteed hours and income, health care stipend, bonusing opportunities, paid time off)
• Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system
• An amazing community of like-minded professionals to nerd-out with on a daily basis
NOTE: Only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your breadth of knowledge of popular comics content in your cover letter. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included. Please note that the next step in the hiring process involves a writing evaluation.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Noted: Include in your email or application description if you got this vacancy information from Niobis.com, for confirmation.
Don’t forget to follow the rules of Niobis, sis and for those who have received it, please share your testimony.