Comic Book Resources
News Writer – Gaming (Freelance)
Status: Newly Published (Niobis check web career or schema google job, they just published on March 4, 2022)
Publish on Niobis: (March 7, 2022)
Job Status: Successfully verified (Proof? You can check their website career or schema google job)
Type of Work: Freelance
Type: Remote in US & UK
Company/Agency Status: Average
– Social media followers more than 1000 and good interaction
– Have not uploaded data (for companies or representatives can directly contact 088223933603)
First Post? First published on Niobis
CBR (formerly Comic Book Resources) was founded in 1995 and quickly became the go-to source for comics industry news, discussion, and community. Over two decades, the site has amassed a readership of 60 million-plus users, including 75 thousand members of the CBR community forums.
Our goal is to supply anyone interested in comic books, superheroes, and geek entertainment with information and resources that will provide a greater appreciation and investment in the medium (whether you’re a lifelong comic book enthusiast or a casual superhero movie fan).
Despite mixed backgrounds in publishing, journalism, and creative writing, CBR editors, writers, and contributors have one thing in common: a passion for the comics industry. CBR also has the honor of publishing columns and features from the most well-known names in comics – writers, artists, and publishers, including: Warren Ellis, Erik Larsen, Steven Grant, Robert Kirkman, Gail Simone, and Mark Millar, to name a few.
US | UK Remote Freelance Position
CBR is looking for a News Writer of Gaming to help source, brainstorm, produce, self-edit and publish original new content for our knowledgeable audience.
Candidates should be experts in the field of Gaming, with an in-depth understanding of the latest, most breaking and biggest news trends. We want researchers whose fingers are firmly on the pulse of the Gaming world and its culture, and who know exactly where to look for its most interesting developments.
At the same time, we want seasoned content creators with proven experience writing clean, informative copy to tight deadlines and exacting editorial standards.
• Trawling relevant daily news feeds for breaking developments and trends, and delivering them to the CBR News Editorial Team.
• Exploring relevant social media feeds, including Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, TikTok and others for news stories, to give context to them and gauge audience feedback.
• Tuning in to popular podcasts, streams and YouTube shows to enhance Gaming coverage.
• Knowledge of the following franchises a strong plus: Magic The Gathering, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, and Fortnite.
• Researching, writing, self-editing and posting 3 to 5 relevant Gaming News items per weekday.
• Coordinate with News Shift Editors and Senior CBR News Editor for assignments and feedback.
• Cover Letter
• 2 – 3 sample titles you would present right now as suitable CBR news pieces
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
• Relevant experience in writing and editing.
• Background in journalistic writing is strongly preferred.
• Broad working knowledge of old and current video games and Gaming franchises
• Bonus points for knowledge on World of Warcraft, Minecraft, and League Of Legends
• Available at peak hours and strategic posting times strongly preferred; weekend availability a plus.
CBR welcomes everyone. We are striving for more representation on our site and we want to hear YOUR voice. We’re always looking for skilled and passionate writers to make an impact in the world of gaming. We want the voices on our site to reflect the diversity of the community it serves.
The hiring team at CBR will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you’d make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
**This is a freelance and contracted position**
Noted: Include in your email or application description if you got this vacancy information from Niobis.com, for confirmation.
Don’t forget to follow the rules of Niobis, sis and for those who have received it, please share your testimony.